Thursday, December 22, 2011

multi-tasking

I'm quickly learning that multi-tasking is a big part of being a mom. I feel like some times I'm juggling two or three things at a time. I'm not good at this yet though. I'm hoping with practice and time I will learn how to multi-task better and not rush so much. Since my baby only is awake for 2 hours at a time these days I always feel like the clock is ticking when he wakes up from a nap...I have two hours to go somewhere and get things done before I need to be home so he can take his next nap. I hate it when he falls asleep when I'm out because then he will only sleep as long as our car ride and that is usually only like 10 minutes or so. I feel like I am rushing a lot of the time if I need to accomplish a few things each day. The other morning I was getting the laundry ready to wash and I left my phone on the bed. When I pulled the sheets off the bed I didn't realize that I had taken my phone with them! I ended up washing my phone in the washing machine with my sheets! :( I felt so lame. I have never broken a phone before. Now that I'm a mom I feel like I make more mistakes like that because I'm rushing and trying to get things done. And because I'm always thinking about the baby...he's my number one concern. I'm not a pro at multi-tasking at all. I have a lot to learn. Hopefully it will get easier like my mom and mother-in-law say it will. At least I'm taking good care of my baby and he's happy and healthy. If I break phones or forget other things it doesn't matter as long as I take good care of Drew.

2 comments:

Steve and Connie said...

I totally know how you feel! Added to it here is that no one has their babies take regular naps or have a regular bedtime. People think I am parenting badly. So yes, have confidence youre doing a great job and phones can be replaced. XOXO

Eva and Jared said...

Thanks Connie! I know you are doing a great job too;)miss you!