Saturday, July 7, 2012

13 months old


Drew is so funny! One new thing he's doing this month are walking a lot better and faster. Now I have to watch him a lot closer when we go out because he can take off so fast. At the end of 12 months he started bending down to pick up toys. He just scoops up whatever he wants now and keeps going. He loves to carry things around the house...sometimes it's one thing in each hand but lately he's been trying to carry heavier things like a big box or a big toy. It's so funny to see this little guy come around the corner with something huge in his hands. Drew has been dancing to music for while but he really seems to prefer cake and 311. He's saying yeah, yes, dis, dat, wow, momma, dada, na na na for no, ba for ball but I don't know if you can consider them words because he doesn't say them consistently.. When he thinks something is cool he says "wow." He is very agreeable, if I ask him a question he almost always says "yes" in the cutest voice. "Drew do you wanna read a story?" "yes". In fact now he will come and hand me books that he wants me to read. It's so cute because now I really know which one he prefers but sometimes he will have me read each story 10 times! We sit for like 30 or more minutes at a time and read. His favorites now are the little blue engine ABC book, All about baby, Pals are Fun and Peters Chair. And he loves to point to everything . When I ask him where's the ball in the picture he points to it. He has a strong opinion and has started crying when he doesn't get what he wants...for example he loves to walk around our apartment building but he could do it all day if I let him and sometime we have to go back to our apartment...when I take him back he cries and looks so sad because he wants to stay outside. It make me feel bad but what am I supposed to do? He also has a strong opinion when I'm feeding him. If he doesn't want sometime he lifts his head and tightens his lips or holds his breath even! He shakes his head no or even says na na na! When he does want something he reaches for it points and makes a noise like egh egh. He is growing so fast!

1 comment:

Unhappy Customer said...

love the bucket!! It's so much fun communicating with the little guys!!