Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pretty lucky so far...

In my first trimester I didn't have morning sickness luckly. I drank tons of water and always had snacks at work. I remember thinking I was really pregnant when I was laying on the couch one day and I had just eaten chips and salsa and the smell of the salsa was so strong that I had to move the salsa to the kitchen! That's how I was for the first little bit. Everything smelled so strong and certain things looked and smelled so gross. I bought a bag of walnuts that I normally would love but for the first few months I couln't even look at the bag. Cutting onions or strong smelling foods totally grossed me out too.

I did have a few cravings at the beginning. I craved fast food like taco bell which is totally out of the norm for me so I asked my midwife what I should do since I knew fast food was not a good choice and she said I was probably craving the sodium from fast food so instead I should eat pickles and salty crackers! That night I ate a jar of pickles and saltine crackers and it was amazing how great I felt after. My body just needed salt. I also craved orange juice a few times. My midwife says to just listen to my body and try to eat a rainbow of colors in my food so that's what I've been doing and I've been feeling really good. At first I had all these ideas of things I needed to eat every day and so I would try to make myself eat certain things but it was way better after I just started eating what I wanted but making sure it was a variety.

No comments: